- European Health Insurance Card - As well as travel Paris travel insurance, it’s also advised that you take your EHIC along with you on your trip. As a British citizen, you’re entitled to state hospital care at a reduced price (sometimes even free) if you’re unwell on your trip. Don't forget to apply for the EHIC card if you don't already have it, it's free to do so!
- Getting around – The Metro system is fantastic in Paris, but if you fancy an adventure, you could always hop on a bike. Vélib’ bikes are widely used in Paris, with over 20,000 bicycles and 1,400 stations available, you'll definitely find some dotted around the city. If you decide to go exploring on a bike, make sure you read terms & conditions when you sign up as you could be asked to enter your credit card details and charged a deposit (€150 as of March 2013, but this may change) to ensure that the bike is properly returned. Boat trips on the River Seine are also a great way to see the main sights. With an all-day pass and 7 stops near the main sights, you’ll be able to hop on and off as you please.
- Paris attractions – The Eiffel Tower, the Louvre, Notre-Dame, Montmartre, the Champs-Elysées and if you have time, Disneyland is just a train journey away.
- A taste of the real Paris – If you want to get a flavour of the rustic, village-like Paris you see in the paintings, take a trip to Montmartre. There you’ll see painters, musicians, local cafés (and a few other tourists) and the Salvador Dali Museum not far away.
Paris: Did you know?
- Paris attracts over 42 million tourists every year.
- French cuisine is renowned the world over and so it should come as no surprise that Paris has many excellent restaurants. A foodie can spend many happy days wandering from café to restaurant, from meal to meal, and have a fresh experience every time.
- Paris Syndrome is a psychological disorder that affects some tourists of the city, most notably Japanese visitors. It’s thought that Japanese tourists are most susceptible because Paris is marketed in Japan in an incredibly romantic way that is quite different to reality. It is a culture shock that is just too great for some.
Confused.com’s Travel Insurance solution is provided by theIdol.com. theidol.com is a trading style of Investment Discounts On-Line Ltd and is regulated and authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered office; 3 Mason Court, Gillan Way, Penrith 40 Business Park, Penrith, Cumbria CA11 9GR. Registered in England no: 04231834