What does static caravan insurance cover?
Static caravan insurance comes with standard benefits included, plus optional add-ons you can select at extra cost. What’s covered by static caravan insurance varies from insurer to insurer, so you should always check the policy wording.
Static caravan insurance usually covers:
- Damage caused by fire, flood or bad weather
- Public liability cover for third-party claims made against you about your caravan
- Theft, loss or damage to the caravan or its contents
- Malicious damage caused by vandals
- Accidental damage to the caravan’s structure or contents
Optional cover with static caravan insurance can include:
- Key cover to protect your keys if they’re lost, stolen or damaged
- Legal assistance cover for any uninsured losses due to an accident that’s not your fault
- Homecare emergencies, covering emergency call-outs for tradesmen to fix things like drainage or plumbing issues
- Renting, so your caravan will be covered if you rent it out
What our caravan insurance expert says
Insuring your static caravan gives you peace of mind against any damage that holiday renters could cause, such as break-ins and vandalism that could happen when it’s not in use.
It might be easy to overlook the need for static caravan insurance. But comparing insurance quotes from our panel could save you a lot of money on any loss or damages in the future.
Caravan insurance product manager
Need more help?
Some insurers may exclude cover if the caravan site is in an area that’s at high risk of flooding. You should check the policy wording and if you’re still not completely sure, contact the insurer.
To get static caravan insurance with Confused.com, you'll need to tell us about you, your caravan and the level of cover you want:
- The size, make and model
- When you bought it
- What you’ll use it for
- How the caravan's fixed in place
- Security features in use
- Its condition
- Where it’s kept and the level of security there
- If the caravan site has a history of flooding
- Name, address, age and occupation
- Details of any no claims bonus on caravan and/or household insurance you’ve built up
- The type of cover you need – Market Value or New for Old static caravan insurance
- How much voluntary excess you want to pay
- If you’ll be paying annually or in monthly instalments
- Any optional extras you want to include
Static caravans are fixed in one place, so static caravan insurance tends to be a lot more like home insurance. Touring caravans are designed to give you the freedom to move around. Touring caravan insurance also protects your caravan when it’s being towed.
Static caravan insurance won’t cover lost rental income during void periods. But you can still get cover for your static caravan if you intend to rent it out, provided you tell the insurer when you buy the policy.
Your static caravan insurance might cover you against accidental damage by your guests. If an insured event makes your caravan uninhabitable, it could also cover emergency accommodation for them.