Arranging car insurance for one day or longer allows you to enjoy the benefits of:
- No long-term contracts
- Cover from 1 to 84 days
- Insurance as and when you need it
- Comprehensive cover
- Basic cover for driving in Europe
- Arrange cover instantly
An annual policy is typically the most common way to insure your car, but there are lots of reasons why you might need car insurance daily or for just one day:
- Driving home your new car
- Borrowing a friend or family member's car for a short trip
- Using your friend's car to help move your belongings to a new home
- Visiting friends or family
- Collecting large items like furniture or white goods you've bought
- Taking a car out for a test drive
- An emergency where you need to borrow someone's car
To find out more about short-term, temporary or daily car insurance, head over to our temporary insurance page.
If you're ready to get a quote, you'll need a few basic bits of information at hand to speed up the process:
- Details of your licence and driving history
- Your name and address
- Details of the car you'd like to insure
- The date and time you'd like the cover to start
Go ahead and get a quote for daily or one day insurance.
Temporary policies are available from 1 to 84 days, but if you need cover for longer you might consider these 12-month options:
- A standard 12-month policy covers you all year round. The level of cover can range from comprehensive to third-party only depending on the amount of protection you need.
- A telematics or black box policy is often suited to young drivers who want to keep the cost of insurance down. It involves fitting a little box into your car which allows insurers to track your driving style such as braking and handling. Insurers then base your price on how well you drive.
- Pay as you go car insurance could be a suitable option if you don't drive very often, leaving you in control of how much you spend.
If you'd like to get a quote for a longer-term policy, get started: