If you need car insurance for one day, you can get short term cover. With temporary cover you can enjoy the benefits of:
- No long-term contracts
- Cover from 1 to 84 days
- Insurance as and when you need it
- Comprehensive cover
- Basic cover for driving in Europe
- Arrange cover instantly
While annual policies are usually the most popular types of policy, there are lots of reasons why you might need car insurance daily or for just one day, but you could be covered for...
- Borrowing a friend’s car for a short trip
- Using your friend's car to help move your belongings to a new home
- Visiting friends or family
- Blowing off the cobwebs from your convertible
- Collecting large items like furniture or white goods you've bought
- Taking a car out for a test drive
- An emergency where you need to borrow someone's car
To find out more about short-term, temporary or daily car insurance, head over to our temporary insurance page.
If you're ready to get a quote, you'll need a few basic bits of information at hand to speed up the process:
- Details of your licence and driving history
- Your name and address
- Details of the car you'd like to insure
- The date and time you'd like the cover to start
To go ahead and get a quote for daily or one day insurance, click on the 'GET A QUOTE' button at the top of the page to begin.
Temporary policies are available from 1 to 84 days, but beyond that you might consider other policy types:
- Traditional policies such as third party fire and theft and comprehensive provide an annual policy that keeps you covered all year round. To find out more about the different policy types, take a look at our guide - A guide to car insurance policy types
- Telematics or black box policies may be suited for higher risk or younger drivers who are looking to keep the cost of insurance down. Fitting a black box to your car which monitors your driving style (braking, cornering etc.) allows insurers to base your policy price on the way you drive rather than the average driver.