- ESTA form - There’s something new you can add to your checklist before you leave. As of 2009, British visitors are required to fill in the Electronic System for Travel Authorisation (ESTA) form before traveling to USA. ESTA is a web-based system that determines the right of visitors to travel to the United States under the Visa Waiver Program (VWP). To find out more, our ESTA Guide will explain the ins and outs of the ESTA form.
- Vaccinations - It’s unlikely that you will need any new vaccinations if you’re going to the United States, but it’s important to make sure that your booster vaccinations for tetanus, diphtheria and polio are up-to-date.
- Weather check – Some parts of the US are prone to extreme weather and natural disasters, hence it’s becoming increasingly important to keep track of the weather conditions for your destination and follow suitable travel advice before you leave
- Currency - Aside from the essentials like your passport, tickets and travel insurance don’t forget your dollars. If you’re unsure whether to take cash, credit cards, travellers’ cheques or prepaid cards - your best bet might be to use a combination of them.
Don’t forget to contact your bank to let them know you’re going away in case they put a block in your card when you try to use it. For more information on your travel money options, please visit Confused.com Travel Money.
USA: Did you know?
- There are four million miles of highways in the USA. It’s a country that just screams road trip at you.
- Only 24% of the US citizens have a passport.
- Californian wines are some of the most popular in the world and dishes such as gumbo, Cajun chicken, the Hoagie and many others have become popular across the world.
- Sights to see in the USA include the Rocky Mountains, the Grand Canyon and the Great Lakes.
Confused.com’s Travel Insurance solution is provided by theIdol.com. theidol.com is a trading style of Investment Discounts On-Line Ltd and is regulated and authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered office; 3 Mason Court, Gillan Way, Penrith 40 Business Park, Penrith, Cumbria CA11 9GR. Registered in England no: 04231834