Fiat's variety of vans will fall into a range of different categories which insurers use to calculate insurance costs. This cost will also be affected by the particulars of the vehicle itself, including its age, engine size and security features, as well as a range of factors dependent directly on you (including your age, address and driving history). All of this can make insurance costs very difficult to predict – luckily, Confused.com are here to help.
- All vehicles on UK roads are required by law to have an active insurance policy covering them at all times, or be declared SORN and taken off the road.
- Most cars are allocated an insurance group by the ABI (Association of British Insurers), which insurance companies use to calculate premiums. Vans can be recommended insurance groups, but insurers can rely on a range of other factors to calculate premiums.
- In the table below, you can find a list of Fiat’s range of commercial vans, along with some of their vital statistics which could impact the insurance premium you can expect to pay. Remember, these will only contribute in part to the overall cost of your Fiat van insurance due to the vast amount of other rating factors used by insurance companies.
|Ducato||1.7 - 3.6||8 - 17m3||2 - 16|
|Scudo||1.6 - 2.1||5 - 7m3||2 - 9|
|Doblo||1.2 - 2.0||3.4 - 5m3||2 - 7|
|Fiorino||1.0 - 1.7||2.5 - 2.8m3||2 - 5|
|Punto van||1.2 - 1.3||1m3||2|
*Information sourced from the Fiat professional website
The above information is intended to give you an idea of the range of different Fiat van models and specifications available. You can use this information to consider what Fiat model will work best for you, and to consider the potential insurance costs for each. Most insurers will quote higher premiums for commercial vehicles with larger, more powerful engines and more seats. Remember, it only takes a few minutes for Confused.com to compare a whole panel of insurers and send our best and personalized prices direct to you.
- Established - July 11th 1899
- Founder - Giovanni Agnelli
- Headquarters - Turin, Italy
- Production output - 2,046,060 units (2011)
- Products - Automobiles, commercial vehicles, production systems, auto parts, newspapers
There are a huge range of online resources available to help you understand how insurance premiums are calculated, and what other expenses you can expect from your vehicle, but one of the best ways will be to use Confused.com’s quick comparison tool to get a range of quotes in minutes. You'll also find a selection of guides full of useful information that can help you with your Fiat van insurance, though you may also want to try some of the following resources;