James’ background and expertise
James is a seasoned financial expert and the Senior Editor at Money.co.uk, where he leads the content team. With over two decades of experience, James has gained extensive expertise in personal finance. He started as a journalist and later became the founding editor of MyFinances.co.uk. Prior to joining Money.co.uk, James held prominent editorial positions at Yahoo Finance UK and Mirror Online, where he covered financial crises and received media awards.
James’ areas of expertise include macroeconomics, pensions, property, mortgages, and credit cards. His favourite aspect of his work is helping readers save money so they can focus on the more enjoyable aspects of life. He relishes the challenge of understanding the rapidly changing financial landscape and its impact on everyday individuals. His notable achievements at Money.co.uk include creating informative content and campaigning on the cost of living crisis.
- Macro Economics
- Credit Cards
Awards & accolades::
- National Pensions Journalist of the Year - 2019
- Willis Towers Watson; Best Brand Development (Mirror Money) - 2017
- Drum Online Media Awards; Best Use of Social Media (Yahoo! Finance) - 2014
- NCTJ - Diploma in Journalism
- MPhil Archaeology, Cambridge University
- BA Archaeology & Anthropology, University of Durham
James’ recent coverage:
- The Finech Times | UK Residents Lost £4billion to Fraudsters in 2022 Alone…
- The Express | 'Move your money now': Best savings account with top interest rates…
- Open Access Government | Monthly bills raise UK personal debt by a third...