- Visa - British passport holders do not require Canadian visas for short stays, but you might need to prove that you have enough money for the duration of your holiday.
- LOCATE service - It’s recommended that all tourists and visitors to Canada register with LOCATE so that the local government can assist you in an emergency.
- Weather check - Canada is prone to severe snow storms during winter, so it’s recommended that you monitor the weather and keep an eye on the local news when travelling to, around and from Canada.
Canada: Did you know?
- Canada is approximately 10 million sq km in size, making it the second biggest country in the world.
- Its population is only half that of the UK – 33 million.
- Canada has two official languages; English and French. Some areas of Canada are mostly English speaking whereas others are mostly French speaking. So if you don't speak French, you may need to be careful about where you plan on going.
- There is some big fauna to be found in the Canadian countryside: Moose, grizzly bears, polar bears and humpback whales roam the terrain and waterways.
- 15% of the world's diamonds are produced in Canada.
Confused.com’s Travel Insurance solution is provided by theIdol.com. theidol.com is a trading style of Investment Discounts On-Line Ltd and is regulated and authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered office; 3 Mason Court, Gillan Way, Penrith 40 Business Park, Penrith, Cumbria CA11 9GR. Registered in England no: 04231834