MCE motorbike insurance policy details
MCE Insurance offers three levels of insurance cover - comprehensive, third party, fire and theft and third party only.
Comprehensive provides the most cover, including all elements of the other two levels of protection. All MCE motorbike policies include the following benefits:
- Liability to third parties means the insurer will cover any sum you’d be liable for following death or injury to another person, plus damage to their property, if the incident involved your motorbike.
- Protection for others riding the insured bike providing they have the appropriate driving licence, third party liability cover is provided.
- Legal cover up to £1,000 to mount a defence if you’re prosecuted following injury, death or damage caused by you when riding your bike. Property damage claims are limited to £1,200,000.
- Emergency treatment will be reimbursed for any emergency treatment after an incident involving the bike.
- Continental travel is covered for riding the bike in the EU, plus Andorra, Gibraltar, Iceland, Norway and Switzerland, in a trip of up to 183 days.
- Roadside assistance and accident recovery is included in the policy as standard.
Third party, fire and theft standard policies include all of the features included as standard, plus the following:
- Loss or damage where the insurer will cover you for loss or damage to your motorbike.
- Three-year guarantee for repairs that need to be made to your motorcycle.
Comprehensive insurance provides all of the above and in addition, it offers:
- Accidental damage so you’re covered if you suffer loss or damage to your motorbike if it’s accidentally damaged.
- Key cover if you lose or damage your motorbike keys, the insurer will pay up to £350 for a replacement key.
MCE offer a selection of motorbike insurance policies, so the exact levels of cover and benefits may vary. Before buying motorbike insurance, we recommend you check the cover and benefits included.