What is holiday home insurance?
- It's a policy that covers your holiday home from risks like theft and damge
Policies consist of buildings and contents cover:
- Buildings cover protects your home's bricks and mortar
- Contents cover insures belongings kept at your property
If you let out your property to paying guests, you could find additional cover:
- Accidental damage to protect your possessions from harm
- Public liability to cover injuries caused on your property
- Loss of income to compensate you if pre-booked guests are forced to cancel
You could find cover for homes in the UK or abroad, but always check your policy carefully to see exactly what's covered, country by country.
Why get cover with Intasure?
Standard home insurance policies tend not to cover properties left vacant for more than 30 days at a time due to the increased risk.
- If your home is empty for long periods it could become a target for thieves and squatters
- It's hard to conduct regular home maintenance, so storm damage may worsen over time
- If paying guests are staying you might need extra cover for damage and legal disputes
Your insurer could refuse to pay out on a claim if your holiday home is not covered for the risk of being unoccupied for longer than 30 days in a row.
At Confused.com, we'd like you to think of us as insurance experts. Try looking at our guides, articles and videos for helpful home insurance tips and assistance.
Is your holiday home secure? Our article offers advice on beating the burglars in the sunny months, while our video guide highlights the dangers of sharing too much on social media when you go on holiday.
Holiday home insurance is arranged and administered by Intasure. Intasure is a trading name of Blenheim Park Ltd. Blenheim Park Ltd, Suffolk house, George Street, Croydon, Surrey, CR0 1PE, is Registered in England with Company Number 4990061. (FSA registered number 311572).