What is group or company health insurance?
Company or group health insurance plans are a way for employers to offer private healthcare cover to their staff.
There are many benefits to providing a company health insurance plan, such as:
- Greater staff retention
- Staff could get treatment quicker than relying on the NHS, meaning they can get back to work sooner i.e. fewer staff sick days
- Promoting a happy work environment and having happy staff (many employees see private healthcare plans offered by their employer as a bonus)
What could it cover?
As with any health insurance policy, there's a range of ailments and conditions that might or might not be covered. Some of the policy benefits include:
- Mental health cover for conditions such as depression and stress
- Employees can bypass NHS waiting lists to get private treatment
- Treatment in a hospital of choice (i.e. close to work or home)
- More convenient appointments to limit disruption to the business
- Cancer care can be included (for an extra cost) to help staff with chemotherapy and treatment
- If you have a larger company, the policy could also include pre-existing medical conditions
Whether you have two members of staff, or thousands, you could get a quote to give your staff the peace of mind in knowing they'll be getting excellent private health care, should they fall ill.
Looking for a different type of health insurance?
Whether you're working abroad or emigrating, compare quotes for international health insurance
Cover yourself and your family under one policy.
Private health insurance to avoid NHS queues and to get the best treatment available.
See all of the health insurance types we compare