Louise Thomas - Confused.com

What type of van insurance do I need?

Hi there. I'm Louise Thomas - Confused.com's Motor insurance expert.

What type of van insurance do I need?

Great question, let’s get into it!

If you only use your van socially, like visiting family or shopping, 'Social Only' insurance, also known as private van insurance, could be right for you.

If you commute to work in your van besides using it for social purposes, you might need 'Social and Commuting' insurance.

For those who use their van to carry work-related goods or tools, there's 'Business Use' or commercial cover. This is suitable for builders, shopkeepers or cleaners, and can even be short-term. And for those using their van to transport goods for hire and reward, 'Haulage Use' cover might be apt. While a bit pricier, it's designed for delivery drivers, couriers and haulage contractors.

Remember, getting the right insurance for your van use is essential; the wrong type could lead to legal issues and inadequate coverage. Stay safe!

Compare van insurance quotes