M&S car insurance policy details
M&S offers a selection of car insurance policies and types. Not all policies and types are available through our site, so the exact levels of cover and benefits may vary. Before buying car insurance, we recommend you check the cover and benefits included.
M&S break their car insurance down into two types:
- Standard comprehensive
- Premier comprehensive
If you choose M&S’ premier cover, you’ll get some handy extras included with your policy.
If you opt for their standard cover option, however, you’ll miss out on a few extras. But don't worry: M&S allow you to these on to your policy for an extra fee.
This can help you tailor your policy to your specific needs, ensuring you get access to the add-ons you need, without having to pay for the ones you don’t.
M&S’ optional extras include:
- Motor legal protection
- Replacement car guarantee
- Breakdown cover
Standard comprehensive is M&S’ basic fully comprehensive policy. It’ll cover you for any damage you inflict on a third party, and for any damage to your own vehicle.
You’ll also get:
- Uninsured driver protection, which covers you if you’re hit by someone who doesn’t have car insurance
- Three-year guarantee on repairs carried out by M&S-approved repairers
- £200 personal belongings cover
- Child seat cover (up to £150) if yours is damaged during an accident
- Personal accident cover of up to £10,000 if you or your spouse is injured in a crash
- Courtesy car provision
- 90-day European travel cover
Premier comprehensive gives you all of the above, as well as some additional benefits.
- RAC European and UK breakdown cover that'll cover you even if you’re a passenger in another car
- Use of a guaranteed replacement car for up to 28 days after an accident, fire, or theft (subject to eligibility)
- Up to £100,000 motor legal protection to help you claim for uninsured losses
No matter what level of cover you choose, if you make a claim, it will be handled by your very own personal claims manager from the start of the process to the end.
You’ll also be covered against loss, theft or damage to your vehicle regardless of which policy you opt for.