What is international health insurance & who is it for?
International health insurance provides medical cover in countries that might not have a free health service, or where you'd prefer to have private care.
Depending on the country you're working in or living in, it could be a requirement for your visa to be approved.
Those that may need it include:
- Those retiring to another country, or a family emigrating
- A student studying abroad
- Someone working abroad for more than a month
Why might you need it?
Depending on your circumstances there are a number of reasons you might be considering private health care, for example:
- To protect yourself from expensive medical bills in a country with no free healthcare
- So that you're not at the end of a long waiting list
- Having a private room (with an ensuite) rather than being on a public ward
- Cover for you, and your family
For an additional fee, it's possible to add extensions of cover like dental, pregnancy, cancer and more. Should the worst happen, repatriation could be included (if you opt for it) along with compassionate travel for your family.