Why choose Atlantic gas & electricity?
- Parent company SSE: no.1 for customer satisfaction (2007)
- SSE has been voted Best Value for Money, Best Customer Service, and Best Overall Energy Supplier in the uSwitch Customer Satisfaction Reports for the sixth consecutive year.
- Tariffs for people who generate their own energy
Atlantic gas & electricity: facts
- Atlantic Electric and Gas is part of Scottish and Southern Energy
- Scottish and Southern Energy is the largest UK energy distribution network
- Atlantic Electric and Gas has over 10 million customers
SSE is a FTSE 100 company and one of the largest integrated electricity and gas companies in the UK. Incorporating the supply businesses of Scottish Hydro, Southern Electric, SWALEC, Atlantic, SSE and Airtricity they supply over 10 million customers throughout Scotland, England, Wales and Ireland. SSE is a full service energy provider with more than 50 years of experience in the generation, transmission, distribution and supply of energy.
SSE is independently-recoginsed as the best energy supplier for customer service and is the UK’s leading generator of electricity from renewable sources.
SSE produce more renewable energy than any other energy company in the UK* through wind and water, and help customers do the same through their microgeneration tariffs and products.
SSE is the UK’s largest non-nuclear electricity generator with over 11,000 megawatts of capacity from the most diverse portfolio of power stations. It is also the leading generator of electricity from renewable resources. Through, its renewable development division, it is involved in the development of new renewable energy projects covering wind, wave, tide, and hydro electricity.
*10% of customers who switched gas & electricity (dual fuel) with Confused.com saved over £360 (March - May '14)