Why switch suppliers?
Switching suppliers could save you money on your bill. It's easy to do and only takes a few minutes.
As well as the price of a new tariff there are other reasons you may wish to switch:
- Protection against future price rises - picking a fixed price tariff will ensure that even if prices rise, the rates you pay for your gas and electricity remain the same until the end of the fixed period
- Customer service - if you've been unhappy with the service you received from your current supplier, you may wish to switch to one with higher customer service standards
- Environmental awareness - a number of companies offer green tariffs where 100% of the electricity supplied comes from renewable resources, helping you to reduce your carbon footprint
Tips for saving more
As well as comparing prices, changing the type of tariff you have or the way in which you pay for your energy can also save you money.
Suppliers will usually provide additional discounts to tariffs for the following reasons:
- Opting for paperless billing and managing your account online
- Paying monthly by direct debit
- Switching both gas and electricity to the same supplier - known as a 'dual fuel' tariff
What happens after I've switched?
- We send your chosen new supplier your application and they do the rest
- Within a couple of weeks you should receive a welcome communication from them
- Your switch should be complete in 4-6 weeks!
- For more information on the switching process read our guide to switching
How to keep bills down
Energy bills are a large part of our monthly household expenditure, so after you switch follow these handy tips to continue to stay in control of your energy bills.
- Remember to provide your supplier with accurate meter readings regularly. This will ensure you are only paying for the electricity and gas you are using and avoid any surprises further down the line
- If you are on a fixed price tariff keep a note of the end date. Companies often transfer customers to their more expensive standard tariff when a fixed price deal comes to an end. So comparing deals a few weeks before your fixed tariff ends is advisable
- Keep an eye on how much electricity you use. It sounds simple but remembering to turn off lights or electrical items when they are not in use can really help keep your bills down. For more useful energy saving tips, see our energy saving guide
Confused.com's energy switching service is powered by energylinx, which is accredited by Ofgem's Confidence Code to compare energy for domestic customers, so you can be assured that the projected costs are calculated in accordance with approved industry standards.
Looking for business gas or electricity deals? Take a look at our commercial energy page.
Why use Confused.com gas & electric comparison?
No one wants to spend more money than they need to – especially for gas and electricity. Luckily, our energy price comparison engine makes it easy to find great deals on cheap gas and electricity.
Enter your details once and we’ll do the legwork, providing you with all the available tariffs in the market.
If you're still feeling a bit confused about why you should switch and what it involves, here's some handy guides we've written to help:
Confused.com gas & electricity comparison service provided by Energylinx - Registered Address: Hilton House, Whins Road, Alloa, FK10 3SA