Green Flag Reward Terms and Conditions
12 months' Roadside Assistance
Green Flag will also send a free message to your friends and family letting them know what’s happened. If a garage is closed, Green Flag will take you home and then pick your car up the next day, or whenever is convenient, and take it to the garage at no extra cost. Your vehicle will be covered, no matter who's driving from the date you choose your cover to start.
For the purposes of clarity, when we say “Us” or “We” contained in this policy information, this refers to U K Insurance Limited.
The cover associated with your free Reward is:
- Roadside Assistance
- It covers the vehicle you have told us about for anyone driving or travelling in it with the owners’ permission.
The vehicle must meet the following criteria:
- Be a car, light van, motorhome or motorbike that is privately registered in the UK
- There aren’t more people in it than the manufacturer would recommend, or more than 9 altogether including the driver
- It can’t weigh more than 3.5 metric tonnes (3,500 kg) including any load carried
- It can’t be more than 7 metres long (apart from a tow bar or coupling device), 3 metres tall and 2.55 metres wide
- It’s been serviced, looked after and used as recommended by the manufacturer
- It’s got a valid road tax and MOT certificate, if it needs one
- It must be fit to drive when you take out the policy and at the start of each journey
- It’s never used to carry things or people for money. For example, as a courier service or taxi
- Roadside Assistance provides help at the roadside anywhere in the UK as long as the vehicle is at least ¼ mile from the home address. If the vehicle can’t be fixed at the roadside, it and any passengers will be taken to a local garage or repairer up to 10 miles from the scene of the breakdown.
Main features and benefits
- Caravans or trailers are covered whilst being towed
- Cover is provided if you are stuck in water, snow, sand or mud
- A maximum of 5 call outs per 12-month policy term applies. If you have more than that, we may still attend, but you will have to pay for any service provided
Redeeming the Reward
If your Confused.com Rewards application is successful, you will be sent a gift email to the email address you supplied on your application. You will have 30 days from the date the email is sent to reveal your Green Flag redemption code and a further 9 months to complete your personal and vehicle details on the Green Flag redemption website. You will be able to select cover to start the day after or up to a maximum of 60 days from the date you redeem your Reward.
Once you have redeemed the Reward, Green Flag will send you a welcome letter and your policy documents. After this, you will be able to choose to upgrade your Reward cover for an additional premium with some of the additional cover options listed below.
Additional covers available
- Breakdowns at or within ¼ mile of your home
- National recovery
- Onward journey options (hire car, alternative transport or overnight accommodation)
- European cover
- Additional vehicles kept at your home address
- Any vehicle you and one other person in your household are in, when in the UK (personal cover)
- To upgrade cover please call Green Flag on: 0345 835 5487 between 8am – 9pm Monday - Friday, 9am – 5pm Saturday or 10am – 5pm Sunday
- Upgrade prices will be discounted to allow for the free element of cover
About this policy
Who provides this policy
Green Flag Breakdown cover is underwritten by U K Insurance Limited, who’s registered address is The Wharf, Neville Street, Leeds LS1 4AZ. The company is registered in England and Wales under number 1179980. This policy is provided to you in English and will be subject to English Law.
This Reward cover lasts for 12 months from the start date you selected. It will not automatically renew. Green Flag will write to you approximately one month before the cover ends, telling you how much it will cost to renew for another 12 months. If you want to renew at that time, you will need to call Green Flag on the above number to do so. However, if you want the cover to renew automatically, please call Green Flag on the number above at any time before the cover ends. You will need to provide your payment details at that time for the cover to automatically renew, but no money will be taken until the renewal date. Green Flag will still write to you telling you how much it will cost, but you won’t have to do anything if you want the cover to renew.
If you choose to cancel this Green Flag Roadside Assistance Reward for any reason, you will not be able to take another Reward in its place.
You can cancel your policy at any time. If you have not upgraded your policy and want to cancel the free Roadside Assistance cover, you will not receive a refund.
If you have upgraded your policy and want to cancel:
- If you cancel within 14 days of the upgrade starting or of you receiving the documents, whichever is later (this is the cooling off period), we’ll give you a full refund as long as you haven’t made a claim.
- If you cancel after that, as long as you haven’t made a claim, we’ll give you a refund based on how long your policy had left. We’ll also deduct an administration fee of £10.60 from any refund we give you.
We’ve got the right to cancel your policy at any time.
We’ll give you 14 days notice in writing to the most recent address that you’ve given us.
- We will not give a refund for the free Roadside Assistance cover.
- If you have upgraded your policy, we’ll give you back what you paid, apart from an amount for the time that your policy lasted.
For clarity, in any cancellation circumstance, you will not be able to choose another reward in affiliation with the Confused.com Rewards Offer.
Who regulates us
U K Insurance Limited is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority under registration number 202810.
The Financial Conduct Authority website, which includes a register of all regulated firms, can be visited at www.fca.org.uk, or the Financial Conduct Authority can be contacted on 0800 111 6768. Financial Services Compensation Scheme General insurance claims are covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme. Full details of the cover available can be found at www.fscs.org.uk. U K Insurance Limited is a member of this scheme.