Halifax car insurance policy details
Halifax offers a selection of car insurance policies and types. Not all policies and types are available through our site, so the exact levels of cover and benefits may vary. Before buying car insurance, we recommend you check the cover and benefits included.
Halifax break their cover down into three levels
- Third-party only
- Third-party, fire and theft
- Fully comprehensive cover
Third-party only is the most basic form of car insurance, covering only any damage you inflict on a third party, their vehicle or their property.
Third party, fire and theft protects your vehicle against damage caused by fire and theft, and covers any damage to a third party, their vehicle or their property.
Comprehensive car insurance covers all of the above, and comes with a range of additional extras. If you choose comprehensive cover, you will automatically get:
- Cover for the car and accessories
- Cover for your personal belongings
- Glass damage cover
- Personal accident cover
- Cover allowing you to drive abroad in Europe for up to 60 days
- Replacement lock cover if your keys or ignition activation device is stolen
- Courtesy car provision if you can’t drive your own car
- Vandalism cover if your car is damaged
- Three-year guarantee if you get your car repaired at one of Halifax’s approved mechanics, and a new car replacement, if your car is under 12 months old