Why choose Nationwide car insurance?
- Breakdown cover available as an extra
- Defaqto 5* rated car insurance
- 24-hour claims service with UK call centres
Get a quote
Ready to get a car insurance quote? Click the 'Get a quote' button above to get started.
Remember, buying Nationwide car insurance direct is not necessarily cheaper – you get the same deal or better with Confused.com, where you can compare quotes from up to 137 companies, including Nationwide.
Nationwide car insurance: facts
- Up to 75% no claims discount
- World's largest building society
- The company has over 160 years’ financial experience
Nationwide is the world's largest building society, after being established in 1846 as 'The Provident Union Building Society'. Nationwide car insurance is provided by LV=, one of the UK's leading insurance companies. Nationwide car insurance has been rated 5* by Defaqto, based on the quality and range of benefits of their comprehensive cover.
Comprehensive cover can be upgraded by adding legal expenses protection up to £100,000, personal accident cover up to £100,000 and breakdown cover; although, they already offer some great benefits as standard (T&C's apply) including:
- 180 days' cover driving in the EU
- Personal effects cover up to £200
- Courtesy car (subject to availability)
- New for old cover, for cars under 12 months old
Nationwide car insurance offer a 24-hour claim service through their UK-based call centres and their customer services line is open 7 days a week. There are three levels of policy cover available and you can choose to pay by monthly instalments to really suit your budget.