Why choose General Accident car insurance?
- Designed for drivers who want help navigating car insurance
- Cover for careful drivers aged between 18 and 80
- 24/7 phone support while buying a policy and up to the first 35 days after purchase
General Accident car insurance: facts
- Part of the Aviva group
- Download the General Accident app to manage your policy
- Over 100 years of experience in insurance
General Accident were established in 1885 and were re-introduced into the car insurance market in 2013 as part of Aviva Group, one of the UK's leading insurance companies.
They're an online insurer, but will provide 24/7 customer service over the telephone once you have obtained your first quote and then for a period of up to 35 days from the date your policy begins. General Accident's friendly staff are there to make sure you get the policy that’s right for you, so you won’t end up paying for things you don’t need.
Then, either in your home or on the go, you can manage your account online by making amendments yourself without an administration fee, as well as being able to access your insurance details and print policy documents whenever you want.
Managing your account online means they don’t need to operate large call centres. This helps them to keep their costs low, which means that they can give you great value cover at a low price. Although they keep their prices competitive, General Accident are still able to offer you great benefits as standard with comprehensive cover:
- A courtesy car (subject to availability)
- EU cover up to 90 days
- Personal accident cover up to £5,000
- Personal effects cover up to £150
- Up to £500 audio cover
If your car is under 12 months old, was bought from new and is unrepairable following an accident or vandalism, they will replace it with one of the same make, model and specification. For additional cover, they can also offer key cover, legal protection and up to four levels of breakdown cover from the RAC.