Why choose LV= car insurance?
- Misfuel cover as standard with comprehensive policies
- LV= has been given a 5* rating by Defaqto
- Five levels of breakdown cover to choose from as an extra
Get a quote
Ready to get a car insurance quote? Click the 'Get a quote' button above to get started.
Remember, buying LV= car insurance direct is not necessarily cheaper – you get the same deal or better with Confused.com, where you can compare quotes from up to 135 companies, including LV=.
LV= car insurance: facts
- Over 170 years' experience
- Winners of multiple customer service and satisfaction awards
- UK call centres open 7 days a week
LV= was first set up by William Fenton in 1843, as 'The Liverpool Independent Legal Victoria Burial Society', offering a way for people to save for their funerals so that their family were not burdened once they were gone. Skip to 150 years later and LV= took the decision to move from their Liverpool offices to Bournemouth in 1996.
Over the years, LV= have won multiple awards for customer service and satisfaction, as well as being awarded 'Recommended car insurance provider' in December 2013 by Which?. Their call centres are used twice a year to answer calls for donations to Children in Need and Comic Relief, with more than 200 volunteers answering over 30,000 calls.
LV= car insurance has been rated 5 stars by Defaqto, based on the quality and cover of the policy. Benefits that come as standard with comprehensive cover include:
- £10,000 personal accident cover
- Child seat cover
- Unlimited cover for factory fitted audio, phone and sat nav (T&C's apply)
- Windscreen cover
- Misfuel cover
You can also tailor your package to suit your needs, with optional add-ons including a courtesy car, legal expenses of up to £100,000 and five different levels of breakdown cover to choose from.