Why do I need breakdown cover?
Even the most reliable vehicles can experience problems when out on the road and there's nothing worse than being stranded on the side of the road in the wet, cold or dark with a motor that just won't run.
Whether you use your car daily to commute to work, drive to the shops once a week or regularly take long journeys, breakdown cover can provide peace of mind that should you run into mechanical problems while out driving, help will be at hand to get you moving again.
We've made it easy to find the type of breakdown policy that you need. Once you've selected the age of your car and clicked the 'Get a quote' button, your results will be listed by price in descending order (cheapest to the most expensive).
What to look for when comparing policies
As with car insurance, breakdown cover offers different options depending on what your needs are and the price you pay. Policy options we compare include:
- Roadside recovery - The vehicle will either be fixed at the roadside or towed to a nearby garage (this excludes cover from your home address and the distance may vary depending on the provider you choose)
- Alternative travel - Where appropriate, reasonable travel is provided for your onward journey e.g. train or taxi (depending on the policy provider)
- Home help - Provides breakdown cover and assistance from your home address or nearby to your home (the distance from your home address may vary depending on the policy and provider you choose)
- Car hire - A replacement car is provided while your car is being repaired*
- Hotel - Overnight accommodation if your car cannot be repaired within a reasonable time*
- Relief driver/Medical - Provides breakdown cover if your car is being driven by another person, in the event you are too ill to drive*
- Euro travel - Cover included whilst travelling in Europe for up to 30 continuous days and no more than 90 days in total in any one year
*Conditions may apply