What's different about broadband for business?
A business broadband connection can be very different to a home service. Typically a business connection is set up to meet the increased demands of a business, which usually means:
- Higher speeds to handle the extra bandwidth demand a full office makes
- Generous usage limits (often unlimited)
- Competitive prices that aren't that different to domestic plans
Many businesses will have some sort of broadband needs, whether that means running a website, or just using internet access for email etc.
Why might I need it?
There's a number of reasons you could need a business broadband deal. Typical examples could include:
- Email - so customers, suppliers or other businesses can stay in touch
- Website maintenance - if you have a website for your business you might need to make updates from time to time
- Social media - your business may have social media accounts that need to be monitored and updated
- Business or marketing tools - tools used by your business might be web-based or need access to the internet
- Research/web browsing - you and your staff may need access to the internet to do your job
Internet for your business doesn't need to be expensive. Depending on your needs, you could pick a tariff which isn't that different in price to a domestic tariff.