Looking for other types of travel insurance?
We'll return long stay travel insurance quotes in a few quick clicks
Backpackers need a different type of travel insurance
Take to the open seas with cruise insurance
See all the types of specialist travel insurance
What is worldwide travel insurance?
Heading off around the globe? The world may be your oyster, but it’s wise to have the protective shell of travel insurance. World travel insurance could protect you against unexpected costs like medical treatment, lost baggage, flight delays and cancellations, wherever in the world you might be.
- If you're going on one short holiday, a single trip policy might be an ideal choice for you - prices start from as little as £6.07*
- If you're planning to see the world in a few trips, you might want to consider looking at annual policies
- If you're unsure which policy to go for, take a look at our single vs annual cover article for more information
*The cheapest single trip policy is £6.07 (based on 1 adult aged 28 travelling worldwide including USA, Canada and Caribbean for up to 3 days). Prices correct on the 15/05/2013.
What does Worldwide travel insurance cover?
- Medical treatment is probably the most important reason to get travel insurance, as this means you could be covered for hospital expenses and transportation costs back to the UK if you're unwell whilst abroad**
- With cancellations cover you could claim back your money for the hotel, transport and more if you have to cut your trip short or cancel your holiday completely
- Every country around the world has different laws, so you might find that having accident, liability and legal cover could come in handy (make sure you check your policy to see if you're covered for these)
**According to FirstAssist Services Ltd, an air ambulance from USA's East Coast back to the UK could cost around £35-45,000
"Decent website and found good prices"
"I have not changed insurance company for 5 years and I got 50% off. I cannot just help but to say that you are doing a very good job!!!"
"Very pleased with your efforts, saved about £150 to £160 by changing insurers and for the same coverage..."
"It is in my opinion the best comparison web site that I subscribe too. Everything is in an easy to use place and it is clear on detail. I will certainly recommend to others."
"I found your website easy to use. I saved money over my previous insurance. Well done "confused.com" for such a wonderful website and I will be coming back next year for another quote"