- Turkish Visas can be obtained when you arrive at the airport. You must buy it in cash - Sterling (Scottish pounds won't be accepted) or in Euros if you're an Irish national. Make sure you have the right amount to pay as small notes won't be accepted and you might not get any change back if you pay with a large note.
- European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) isn't valid in Turkey as it’s not a member of the European Union. It' strongly recommended to have valid travel insurance as well as having an EHIC card. For more information, check out our medical cover guide.
- Money - You might have trouble using travellers' cheques as most shops won't accept them. However, international debit and credit cards are widely accepted across Turkey, just tell your bank that you're going away to avoid your card being blocked.
- Hire a car - If you want to explore the beautiful Turkish sights there's no greater way to do it than by hiring a car or a motorbike. Just remember to carry your driving license, passport and insurance documents on you at all times when in the car. Our driving in Turkey guide will provide you with more information.
Turkey: Did you know?
- Popular places to visit in Turkey are Istanbul, Safranbolu, Pergamum and the Gallipoli Peninsula.
- Antalya is home to Mediterranean’s largest floating nightclub.
- Turkey has borders with Syria, Iraq and Iran.
- Turkey’s currency is the New Turkish Lira.
Confused.com’s Travel Insurance solution is provided by theIdol.com. theidol.com is a trading style of Investment Discounts On-Line Ltd and is regulated and authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered office; 3 Mason Court, Gillan Way, Penrith 40 Business Park, Penrith, Cumbria CA11 9GR. Registered in England no: 04231834