What is European travel insurance?
Wherever you might be going in Europe, whether it's just across the channel to visit France or on a relaxing holiday in Turkey, European travel insurance could not only protect you against unexpected costs but it could also give you peace of mind, so you're left to simply enjoy your holiday, worry and hassle-free.
*The cheapest single trip policy is £2.75 (based on 1 adult aged 28 travelling in Europe for up to 3 days). Prices correct on the 02/04/2013.
The European Health Insurance Card (EHIC)
could provide you with free state medical care, but it only applies to EU countries and it does not include transportation to the hospital or repatriation back to the UK.
What could European travel insurance cover?
- Emergency medical treatment if you fall ill
- If your luggage, personal possessions and travel money are lost or stolen, you could recover the value of your items
- Expenses from delays and cancellations if your flights are delayed or if you have to cut your trip short
- Airline insolvency cover could come in handy if your airline goes bankrupt
Do you have a question? Let's see if we can answer your travel related question.
Types of cover
- If you're getting an annual policy, make sure you check that the countries that you're travelling to are covered by your policy (you may have to take out a separate cover if you're travelling to countries outside Europe)
- Backpacker policies cover a single trip that could last up to 18 months'
- Winter sports cover offers specialist medical treatment and could protect your ski or snowboarding equipment
Take a look at our article on types of travel insurance for more information.
"Decent website and found good prices"
"I have not changed insurance company for 5 years and I got 50% off. I cannot just help but to say that you are doing a very good job!!!"
"Very pleased with your efforts, saved about £150 to £160 by changing insurers and for the same coverage..."
"It is in my opinion the best comparison web site that I subscribe too. Everything is in an easy to use place and it is clear on detail. I will certainly recommend to others."
"I found your website easy to use. I saved money over my previous insurance. Well done "confused.com" for such a wonderful website and I will be coming back next year for another quote"
Looking for other types of travel insurance?
Choose family insurance cover for protection and overall savings for your family
Make sure to save by comparing group travel insurance
Compare budget-friendly policies at Confused.com
See all the types of travel insurance