What is single trip travel insurance?
Whether you're going on a city break to Paris or on a last minute holiday to Spain, single trip insurance is an affordable way to get essential coverage for holiday troubles like lost bags, strikes, flight delays and more.
- In 2011 and 2012, 84% of Confused.com travel insurance quotes were made for single-trip policies (Confused.com research)
- Don't wait until the last minute to get travel insurance - most people tend to take out single trip travel insurance just before they're about to travel which means that they may not benefit fully from cancellation cover
Find out how you could avoid some common travel insurance traps.
What could single trip travel insurance cover?
- Most travel insurance policies provide a 24 hour helpline offering you support in an emergency
- Your baggage, personal possessions and money could be covered against damage, loss or theft (make sure you report any losses to the police within 24 hours)
- It might be worth taking out additional cover if you’re planning to be active on your holiday; scuba diving, skiing, bungee jumping could be considered by an insurer as adventurous sports so make sure you're covered
You could also be covered for:
- Medical treatment and repatriation costs back to the UK could be covered if you get ill or injured abroad
- If your holiday ends before it begins, cancellation cover means you could claim back the cost of your hotel and flight tickets
- Many travel insurance providers offer airline failure cover, which could offer protection if your airline goes bankrupt
Take a look at some common travel insurance exclusions to make sure you're covered!
Decent website and found good prices.
I have not changed insurance company for 5 years and I got 50% off. I cannot just help but to say that you are doing a very good job!!!
Very pleased with your efforts, saved about £150 to £160 by changing insurers and for the same coverage...
It is in my opinion the best comparison web site that I subscribe too. Everything is in an easy to use place and it is clear on detail. I will certainly recommend to others.
I found your website easy to use. I saved money over my previous insurance. Well done "confused.com" for such a wonderful website and I will be coming back next year for another quote.
Looking for other types of travel insurance?
Take to the open seas with cruise insurance
Find student travel insurance to suit quickly and easily
Heading off to the continent? Compare a range of travel policies with us
See all the types of specialist travel insurance