Why choose RAC car insurance?
- Five different levels of breakdown cover to choose from as an extra
- Legal expenses protection included as standard
- Online self-service centre to access your documents 24/7
Get a quote
Ready to get a car insurance quote? Click the 'Get a quote' button above to get started.
Remember, buying RAC car insurance direct is not necessarily cheaper – you get the same deal or better with Confused.com, where you can compare quotes from up to 137 companies, including RAC.
RAC car insurance: facts
- Founded in 1897
- Over 7 million members
- Given the royal approval in 1907
RAC were established in 1897 and introduced uniformed patrols in 1901. After being given the royal approval by King Edward VII in 1907, they introduced the first roadside emergency telephone boxes in 1912.
RAC have now grown to have over 4,000 staff servicing their 7 million members. After launching their car insurance product, arranged and administered by BISL Limited, RAC have won 'Best Online Motor Insurance Provider' in the Your Money awards two years in a row (2012 and 2013).
Their online self-service portal allows you to access your documents 24/7 as well as having the ability to make payments and change policy details whenever you want. RAC policyholders get up to 50% off the cost of RAC breakdown, with five different levels to choose from. Alternatively, their comprehensive cover comes with some great benefits already as standard:
- Legal expenses protection up to £100,000
- Courtesy car (subject to availability)
- 3 year guarantee on repairs when using an approved garage