Landlord insurance

Renting out your property can be risky business, insure yours today!


What is landlord insurance?

  • It provides buildings cover to protect your property's structure, fixtures and fittings
  • It could also include contents insurance to cover any furniture belonging to you
  • Optional cover is available on some policies for events like accidental damage, home emergencies and compensation claims
  • You may be able to insure a number of rental properties under the same policy

Why compare landlords insurance with

Specialist landlord insurance isn't required by law but many insurers will refuse to pay out on a claim if you don't have it. This is because standard home insurance policies might not provide enough cover for the risks you face when renting out your property, such as:

  • The cost of repairing damage caused by emergencies like gas leaks, break-ins and burst pipes
  • Recovering outstanding rent from your tenants
  • Compensation claims from tenants hurt or injured by an accident your property has caused
  • Loss of rent if an accident leaves your property unoccupied and you're potentially unable to meet your mortgage repayments

Landlords insurance could cover you for these events so you're not hit by any unexpected costs.

Why should I get landlords insurance?

  • 84% of landlords receive less rent than expected according to estate agents Northwood UK
  • Northwood estimates that the average landlord pays out over £1,500 a year on arrears, vacancies and maintenance
  • 9.1% of rent was unpaid or late at the end of September 2012 according to LSL Property Services

Landlord insurance could help to absorb some of the unexpected costs you might incur by renting out your property.

It's not always advisable to pick the cheapest insurance option, it's more important to get the right level of cover for you and the risks you face.

Please remember to always check your policy's small print to see exactly what events you're covered for.

Protect your business against risk and damage - get a quote today.

You might also be interested in other insurance types Landlord Insurance is provided by YOUR Insurance of Downsview House 141-145 Station Road East Oxted Surrey RH8 0QE. YOUR Insurance is a trading name of Towergate Underwriting Group Limited, authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority (No. 313250).