You are here:

Professional indemnity insurance

If your business requires you to give your professional opinion professional indemnity insurance could protect you from legal action

An open briefcase

What is professional indemnity insurance

If you are in the business of selling your knowledge or skills, professional indemnity insurance could protect you from legal action taken against you as a result of offering your professional opinion.

All of the policies are designed to cover legal action levelled against you for incidents including:

  • Loss or damage to documents
  • Infringement of copyright, trademark or broadcasting rights
  • Negligence

Professional indemnity insurance can be taken out as part of a larger package for your business, or as a standalone policy. Policies can offer protection between £50,000 and £5m, and most come with the option to pay your premium in monthly instalments.

Who needs professional indemnity insurance?

Many professions are required to have indemnity insurance cover as part of their professional authorisation, these include:

  • Accountants, Financial advisors
  • Architects, Business professionals
  • IT consultants, Media industry professionals

Even if you are not obliged to have professional indemnity cover, without it, you could be liable for thousands of pounds worth of legal fees and compensation payments.

As with all insurance policies, limits and level of cover will depend upon the package you choose.

You can request a Professional indemnity insurance quote simply by clicking the 'Request a quote' button above and filling in our contact form. A representative from our business insurance partner will call you back to discuss your quote at a time that is convenient for you. Professional indemnity insurance is provided by YOUR Insurance of 2nd Floor, Norfolk House, 187 High Street, Guildford, Surrey, GU1 3AW. YOUR Insurance is a trading name of Towergate Underwriting Group Limited, authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority (No. 313250).