Terms and conditions
These terms and conditions set out how you may make use of the Confused.com website (“Website”) as a guest or a registered user. Access to the Website is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to amend or withdraw the services provided at any time.
The amended terms will be effective from the date they are posted on our Website. If you are creating a new account or an existing registered user, you should read these terms and conditions.
Who are Confused.com?
Confused.com, is a trading name of Inspop.com Limited. Inspop.com Limited is registered in England and Wales (Registration No. 03857130), with the registered address at: Floor 3, Greyfriars House, Greyfriars Road, Cardiff, CF10 3AL. See our About us page for more information. Inspop.com Limited is an independent, wholly owned subsidiary of Admiral Group plc.
Inspop.com Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) with the Firm reference number 310635. This can be confirmed at www.fca.org.uk/ or by contacting the FCA on 0845 606 1234.
You may only use this Website for lawful purposes. You may not use this Website:
- in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
- in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
- for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way;
- to knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware;
- any action which would interfere with or disrupt the Website or servers or networks connected to the Website;
- any action to de-compile, disassemble , modify, translate, adapt, reverse engineer, create derivative works from, or sublicense any software deployed in connection with the Website;
- use of automated means, including spiders, robots, crawlers, or the like to download data from the Website;
- to obtain contact details for the purposes of harassing our staff or any other illegal activity; and/or
- to contact advertisers of vehicles other than in connection with a genuine enquiry relating to the purchase by you of the vehicle in question.
If you are making any contribution to the Website, including registering as a customer or booking an appointment to view a vehicle, you must be accurate where facts are stated, be genuine where opinions are stated and comply with the applicable laws of the UK. Any contribution to the Website, and any other information you provide to us, must not:
- contain any material which is defamatory of any person;
- contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory;
- promote sexually explicit material;
- promote violence;
- promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person;
- be likely to deceive any person;
- be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence;
- promote any illegal activity;
- be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety;
- be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person;
- be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person;
- give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; and
- advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
You warrant that any contribution does comply with those standards, and you will be liable to us and indemnify us for any breach of that warranty, which means that you will be responsible for any loss or damage we suffer as a result of your breach of warranty.
Any content you upload to the Website will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary, and we have the right to use, copy, distribute and disclose to third parties any such content for any purpose. We have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to the Website constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
Subject to the section headed ‘Copyright’ below, in permitting you to use the Website to search the database of vehicles, you agree that you will only use, reproduce and print materials comprising the results of such searches for your own personal, non-commercial purposes.
The Website publishes adverts placed by third party private individuals and businesses to advertise their vehicles only. We do not own the vehicles advertised for sale on the Website and have no liability for these or for any losses that you may incur as a result of purchasing a vehicle, goods and/or any services from the third parties. If you choose to purchase a vehicle advertised for sale by third parties on the Website, the contract will be between you and the third party advertiser and not with us. The price of the vehicles advertised are notified to us by third party sellers.
A vehicle may be displayed as ‘Reduced’ where the price has been lowered in the previous 7 days from a higher price advertised for a minimum of 28 days. The pages contained in the Website may contain technical inaccuracies and typographical errors. The information on the pages may be updated from time to time and may at times be out of date. We accept no responsibility for keeping the information in these pages up to date or liability for any failure to do so.
The Website content is for information purposes only and you rely on such information at your own risk. The Website content does not constitute advice and you may wish to obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the Website content. We give no warranties, conditions, guarantees or representations, express or implied, as to:
- the completeness or accuracy of the content or information contained on the Website or any website to which it is linked
- the content of the advert for vehicles included in our database, including but not limited to the ownership, quality, authenticity of any photographs, compliance with description or fitness for purpose of any such vehicles
- the completeness of the results of any search of our database or that the vehicles selected by the search are the only vehicles on our database which might meet the searcher's requirements.
We reserve the right to remove any posting made on the Website if, in our opinion, it does not comply with the content set out in these terms and conditions. The views expressed by other users on this Website do not represent our views or values. Whilst we take every reasonable step to counteract viruses and other things with contaminating or destructive properties, we can give no warranty that this site and its content are free from viruses or anything else that has such contaminating or destructive properties.
Our liability to you
Please read the following information carefully as we include some limits and exclusions of our liability to you. These terms do not exclude our liability to you in any way for: personal injury or death caused by our negligence, fraud or fraudulent statements made by one of our employees or agents for or any matter for which it would be illegal for us to exclude or to attempt to exclude our liability.
The content displayed on the Website is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. To the extent permitted by law, we hereby expressly exclude all conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise by implied by statute, and we will not be held responsible for any indirect losses which happen as a side effect of the main loss or damage which you suffer and which are not foreseeable by you and us at the time we enter into this contract, including, but not limited to: loss of income or revenue; loss of business; loss of data; loss of profits or contracts; loss of anticipated savings or waste of management or office time however arising, provided that this provision will not prevent you from bringing claims against us for loss of or damage to your physical property or any other claims for direct financial loss that are not excluded by any of the categories set out above. In no circumstance will we be responsible for any losses which arise in connection with an event or series of events which is/are outside of our reasonable control.
If our standards fall short
Our aim is at all times to provide a first class standard of service. However, there may be occasions when you feel we may have not achieved this. If we fall short of our own high standards then we want you to tell us! At Confused.com we take all complaints seriously and in such an event please email us. If your complaint is regarding a vehicle trader or purchased vehicle, then you should address your complaint direct to that individual or company.
Third party or other services links
You can link to other websites by means of hyperlinks published on this Website or e-mailed to you as part of our service. These websites are owned and operated by third parties and you should read any terms and conditions they present before using their site.
We accept no liability for any statements, information, products or services that are published on or may be accessible through third party websites. Indications for the cost of car insurance and/or financial services generated by Confused.com may be presented on the Website. These products are only available through the Confused.com site and do not form part of the Confused.com service.
If at any time you would like to contact us, the details are available on our Contact us page.
The copyright in the material contained in this Website belongs to Inspop.com Limited. Any private individual may print off a copy of any part of this material for their own personal use, subject to the following conditions:
- The material may not be used for any commercial purposes;
- The copy must retain any copyright or other intellectual property notices contained in the original material;
- The technology or processes utilised by or described in this Website may be subject to other intellectual property rights reserved by Inspop.com Limited (on which see the section headed "Intellectual Property Rights" below);
- Images on this Website are protected by copyright and may not be reproduced or appropriated in any manner without the written permission of their respective owner(s);
- No logos, trademarks or service marks appearing on the Website may be printed off or copied, except as part of the text of which they form part.
Intellectual property rights
Any logos, trademarks, service marks and domain names and all related intellectual property rights, of the companies whose sites we use in providing the service, belong to those companies, and you may not reproduce them without their prior written consent.
Except for them, all intellectual property rights including, without limitation, all logos, trademarks, service marks, domain names, database rights, rights in design, rights in know-how, patents and rights in inventions (in all cases whether registered or unregistered and including all rights to apply for registration) and all other intellectual or industrial property rights in any jurisdiction in any information, content, materials, data or processes contained in or underlying this Website and/or the service we provide belong to Inspop.com Limited. All rights of Inspop.com Limited in such intellectual property rights are hereby reserved.
Unauthorised commercial or bulk use may slow down the speed of the service we can provide for our customers. We will monitor the use of our services. We reserve the right to take action against those using our service in an unauthorised way, to prevent disruption of our service to genuine customers, and to recover any losses we suffer.