Our £20 Texaco fuel voucher offer
Terms and conditions 2019
1. The promoter of this offer is Inspop.com trading as Confused.com, whose registered office is at Greyfriars House, Greyfriars Road, Cardiff CF10 3AL (Confused.com).
2. This offer is open to UK customers of Confused.com aged 18 and over, who purchase a car insurance policy (which can be verified by Confused.com) (the Offer) during the Promotional Period (as defined below). For customers with a Scottish postal address, please see the Exceptions section below.
3. The Offer applies only to customers purchasing a single annual car insurance policy through www.confused.com (the Website). Any other product, including but not limited to van, bike, short term or multi-car insurance products are excluded from the Offer.
4. By applying for the Offer, customers are deemed to accept and will be bound by these terms and conditions.
5. Only one customer per policy purchased is eligible for the Offer.
6. Customers will require access to the internet and a valid e-mail address to redeem the Offer.
7. Eligible customers for the Offer will receive Texaco vouchers to the sum of £20 (the Voucher)*.
8. Offer starts at 00:01 on the 2nd April 2019 and ends at 23:59pm on the 31st May 2019 (the “Promotional Period”).
9. The Offer is not available in conjunction with any other offer, including offers via third party cash back sites. If car insurance is purchased through Confused.com via a cash back site and an application is also submitted for the fuel offer, only the fuel offer will be rewarded.
10. In order to receive the Voucher, the following process shall apply:
10.1. Customers must get a new quote and purchase a single annual car insurance policy through the Website during the Promotional Period. Policies purchased via telephone following a quote obtained via the Website will also qualify for the Voucher provided the customer has provided the quote and reference number when purchasing the policy (a “Qualifying Purchase”).
10.2. Following the Qualifying Purchase, customers must log on to the Website within 30 days of getting the quote associated to the Qualifying Purchase and apply for the Voucher. Following application, the customer will receive a confirmation e-mail within 48 hours of submission of their application (“Confirmation E-mail”).
10.3. Following receipt of the Confirmation Email, eligible customers will receive a further e-mail within 90 days of submitting their application which will include instructions, a unique code and a link to become a Texaco Star Rewards Member (Reward E-mail).
10.4. Customers must sign up to Texaco Star Rewards within 30 days of receipt of the Reward Email in order to receive the Voucher.
10.5. Following successful registration with Texaco Star Rewards, a further e-mail will be sent from Texaco Star Rewards verifying their registration and the customer will need to follow the instructions contained within this email to activate their Texaco Star Rewards account.
10.6. Following activation of the Texaco Star Rewards account, the Voucher will be sent to the customer’s stated postal address within 10 days.
10.7. If a customer is already an existing Texaco Star Rewards member, they must log into their Texaco Star Rewards account, and enter the code supplied following the Qualifying Purchase on the ‘my profile’ page, under ‘promotional code’ to redeem the Voucher.
10.8. If a customer has not received the Reward email within 90 days of submitting their application, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will investigate why you have not received your Reward.
11. Customers are required to become a Texaco Star Rewards Member to be eligible for the Voucher. The Voucher will be subject to Texaco Star Rewards Terms & Conditions, which can be found at www.starrewards.co.uk/terms-and-conditions, save that where there are any inconsistencies between the Star Rewards Terms and Conditions and these Terms and Conditions, these Terms and Conditions shall apply.
12. Confused.com accepts no responsibility for any delays or failures in verifying a Qualified Purchase caused by a third-party provider, signing up to Texaco Star Rewards, activating the Offer or requesting and delivery of the Voucher which are due to factors outside of the reasonable control of Confused.com.
13. Customers using the Website will be bound by the Website terms and conditions.
15. Confused.com reserve the right to change these terms and conditions from time to time at their discretion and without notice.
16. These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of England and Wales and subject to the sole discretion of the Courts of England and Wales.
- Due to the unavailability of Texaco service stations in Scotland, customers with a Scottish postal address who make a Qualifying Purchase are eligible to receive a £20 cheque alternative. Customers will still need to revisit the Website and complete an application to receive the cheque. Customers with a Scottish postcode who make a Qualifying Purchase may choose to redeem the Voucher, however cannot request both the Voucher and cheque alternative. Customers will receive the cheque within 10 working days from receipt of the Reward Email. Customers full name and address will be shared with CFH Docmail Ltd strictly to the extent necessary for them to fulfil the £20 cheque alternative.
- Customers with an electric vehicle are also eligible to receive a £20 cheque alternative. The customer will need to email email@example.com
- Policies that are cancelled during the policy cancellation period for any reason will not be eligible to receive the Voucher or cheque alternative.
- Customers will only be eligible for the Offer where Confused.com is able to verify the Qualifying Purchase. Purchases not made through the Website shall not be eligible for the Offer.
- Purchases made through Confused.com via Nectar, uSwitch, Money.co.uk, Clearscore or any other affiliate partner shall not be eligible for the Offer.
- No cash or other alternative in part or full shall be offered in lieu of the Offer (with the exception of residents of Scotland & owners of electric vehicles). The Offer is not transferrable, and customers are not permitted to sell the Texaco vouchers. Vouchers cannot be replaced if lost or stolen.
- The Offer is subject to availability and Confused.com reserves the right to withdraw the Offer at any time, including where we believe that the terms of the Offer are being abused in any way.
* Texaco vouchers are exchangeable at any Texaco service station in the United Kingdom as payment for fuel, shop products or car wash up to the value stated on the voucher, or as part payment for fuel, shop products or car wash of a higher value on payment of the difference. Texaco Vouchers cannot be exchanged for cash. No change will be given if a purchase is less than the value stated on the voucher. Texaco vouchers are non-transferrable and cannot be used with any other offers. Texaco vouchers are valid until the date shown on the voucher. For more information visit starrewards.co.uk/contact.
These Terms and Conditions were updated on 8th May 2019.