- Don’t forget your identification, booking details and the address of where you’re staying. There’s nothing more annoying than forgetting your documents and paperwork and having trouble finding your way to your final destination. And if you’re flying or traveling by coach or train make sure you keep your tickets safe in case you lose them.
- Travelling by car – No one wants to be broken-down and stranded on the side of the road, so if you’re thinking of driving make sure you have a valid breakdown cover for your trip. Make sure you travel prepared and have some kind of entertainment, as you don't want to be stranded with a bunch of bored kids in the back seat.
- UK attractions - The British Museum, National Gallery and Tate are free to enter and they are 3 of the 5 most visited museums and galleries in the world. With over 50 free national museums and galleries across the UK, you can be sure that no matter where you’re travelling in the UK there are always fun excursions for the family.
UK: Did you know?
- The UK has many fine camping spots all over the country and there’s nothing quite like gathering round a campfire under the stars sharing stories, and maybe a bottle of something to keep you warm, with your friends.
- It’s odd, but people don’t tend to see the sights of the area they live in, not unless they have visitors and want something to do with them. Why not book a couple of days off work and have a staycation? See why people come from far and wide to see that castle, walk through those woods, or visit that museum.
- The UK has many fine cottages to rent for an alternative to the cheap hotel or caravan that many people think of as a UK holiday.
Confused.com’s Travel Insurance solution is provided by theIdol.com. theidol.com is a trading style of Investment Discounts On-Line Ltd and is regulated and authorised by the Financial Services Authority. Registered office; 3 Mason Court, Gillan Way, Penrith 40 Business Park, Penrith, Cumbria CA11 9GR. Registered in England no: 04231834