- European Health Insurance Card - While this is not a substitute for travel insurance, it does entitle you to a state provided medical treatment. If you require medical assistance while in Spain, you could receive medical treatment at a reduced price and sometimes even for free. Be sure to apply for a free EHIC if you don’t already have one.
- Holiday home - If you're one of the lucky ones to have a holiday home in Spain, consider getting it insured. After all it is your second home and it needs to be looked after, so consider getting holiday home insurance to avoid any extra expenses that could arise in an emergency. If you need to find out more information, take a look at our useful guide to holiday home insurance.
- Driving - If you're thinking of driving to Spain or hiring a car while you’re over there, make sure you have the right documents on you. It's important to have a valid driving license, car insurance certificate and if you're hiring, you'll need proof of hiring the car. It might be worth taking a look at our guide to driving in Spain to familiarise yourself with official speed limits and driving rules.
Spain: Did you know?
- Top cities to visit in Spain are Barcelona, Madrid, Seville, Granada and Malaga.
-The Bernabéu stadium in Madrid is one of the most famous and prestigious football spots in the world. You could take a tour of the stadium or be one of the lucky ones to watch the mighty Real Madrid play against their deadly rivals Barcelona.
- People tend to think of Spain as a country for hot sunny holidays, but in the Sierra Nevada Mountains there are several ski resorts – the most southern in Europe.
- The Strait of Gibraltar is off the southern coast of Spain and is the gateway to the Mediterranean.
Confused.com’s Travel Insurance solution is provided by theIdol.com. theidol.com is a trading style of Investment Discounts On-Line Ltd and is regulated and authorised by the Financial Services Authority. Registered office; 3 Mason Court, Gillan Way, Penrith 40 Business Park, Penrith, Cumbria CA11 9GR. Registered in England no: 04231834