- Money - If you’re worried about carrying cash around, consider taking travellers’ cheques. It’s one of the safest ways to carry your money. Credit cards on the other hand are much more convenient, but you could be charged for foreign transactions, and if you're travelling to smaller towns, credit cards might not be accepted. Find out more money options for your Portugal holiday.
- Driving in Portugal - A great way to get a taste of Portuguese culture is by driving around. You can bring your vehicle to Portugal for a maximum 183 days in any 12-month period, but check your car insurance policy beforehand as it may differ to the 183 day limit. You’ll also have to make sure your car insurance is fully comprehensive and you’ll have to check how you’re going to pay for any toll charges. Check out our Portugal driver's guide.
Portugal: Did you know?
- Top cities to see in Portugal are Lisbon (the capital), Porto, Évora, Lagos and Coimbra.
- Portugal is a popular place for package holidays with many hotel resorts all along the coast.
- In the summer months, Algarve can reach up to 30°C and as high as 47°C in the Alentejo (that’s hot!)
- The Vasco de Gama bridge is the longest bridge in Europe - it stretches over 17 kilometres.
Confused.com’s Travel Insurance solution is provided by theIdol.com. theidol.com is a trading style of Investment Discounts On-Line Ltd and is regulated and authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered office; 3 Mason Court, Gillan Way, Penrith 40 Business Park, Penrith, Cumbria CA11 9GR. Registered in England no: 04231834