- Medical expenses – Your medical costs and treatment could be covered if you're ill while on holiday (it's worth checking in advance if your policy would reimburse your hospital costs, as many countries in the Middle East could ask for payment in cash for hospital treatment)
- Baggage - If you’re planning to do some major shopping while away, you might want to get your new clothes and souvenirs covered against loss or theft
- Adventure cover – Whether you're scuba diving in the Red Sea, rock climbing in Turkey or skiing in Dubai, get additional cover for hazardous sports
- Repatriation – Your insurance could cover your travel costs back to the UK if you get injured and have to be flown home
- Airline protection – You could claim your money back if your holiday plans are disrupted due to delays, cancellations or if your airline goes bust
For more information, take a look at our guides to claiming on your insurance policy and types-of-travel-insurance-cover.