Honeymoon travel tips
Don't make any decision purely based on price - make sure you read the small print, understand the policy conditions and exclusions before to ensure you get the right cover for you and your partner's needs.
Research and familirise yourself with the rules and regulations of your honeymoon destinations by taking a look at Foreign travel advice given by Gov.co.uk.
Get any jabs or vaccinations you need for your honeymoon destination well in advance.
Keep your paperwork in order and safe in your hand luggage in case you need them. Here are some useful documents that might come in handy:
- Copies of reservations, flights, passport, visas, medical documents and a wedding certificate
- Copy of your travel insurance policy, policy number and contact number
- Receipts, report and proof of purchase to support your claim if anything is lost or stolen
Which surname to use when booking your trip? Brides might have to travel under their maiden name just one last time as your passport, tickets and travel insurance have to have the same details.
Take a look at our articles on how to cut the cost of your honeymoon.
Why compare honeymoon travel insurance with Confused.com?
Whether you plan to spend your honeymoon by palm fringed shores, in cosmopolitan cities or on safari, we can help to find the right honeymoon travel insurance for you.
- We are the UK's 1st insurance price comparison site, so you'll be in expert hands when finding the right cover
- We compare up to 44 providers including popular companies such as Insureandgo and Travel Insurance Web
- 9 out of 10 customers would recommend us to a friend*
- Our wide range of travel articles and guides could help you on your honeymoon!
** Research conducted by Confused.com. Out of 945 respondents, 97.88% said they would recommend Confused.com to a friend (July - October 2014).
Confused.com’s Travel Insurance solution is provided by theIdol.com. theidol.com is a trading style of Investment Discounts On-Line Ltd and is regulated and authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered office; Investment Discounts On-Line Ltd, One Coleman Street, London, EC2R 5AA. Registered in England no: 04231834. theidol.com is part of the Legal & General group.