- Vaccinations – Arranging your vaccinations for Africa should be high on your to-do-list. Some African countries require proof of immunisation for diseases like Hepatitis A, typhoid fever and polio.
- LOCATE - Register with LOCATE to keep a record of where you are travelling and where you will be staying. This is used to help the embassy to contact and assist you if there's a disaster or any civil unrest in your area.
- Organised trips - There are many organised tours of African countries which could be worth considering. Not only is this a safer option than going alone, you might find special rates by booking in advance.
Africa: Did you know?
- The current population of Africa is nearly one billion people, which makes up about 16% of the world’s population
- Cairo, the capital of Egypt, is the most populous city in Africa with an estimated 17 million residents in the metropolitan area
- There are around 3,000 distinct tribes in Africa
- The Nile River is the longest river in the world with a total length of 4,132 miles
Confused.com’s Travel Insurance solution is provided by theIdol.com. theidol.com is a trading style of Investment Discounts On-Line Ltd and is regulated and authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered office; 3 Mason Court, Gillan Way, Penrith 40 Business Park, Penrith, Cumbria CA11 9GR. Registered in England no: 04231834