The following sets out the terms and conditions for use of the Confused.com QuickQuote service via text messaging and should be read in addition to the Confused.com website terms and conditions.
1. To use the Confused.com Quick Quote Service (the “Service”) you must have an existing account with Confused.com. The account must contain the mobile telephone number from which you are sending the text.
2. Text messages are free, only your standard network rate applies. In the event that Confused.com cannot return a car insurance quote, your network provider may still apply standard text rates.
3. The Service is only available for private motor car insurance quotes with a valid UK car registration number.
4. By texting the car registration number to 66800 you will receive a text quote for motor insurance based on the quote information you last entered on the Confused.com website.
5. If your last quote via the Confused.com website was over 12 months from the use of the Service, certain variables will be rolled on a year (such as No Claims Bonus and driver ages). The Service assumes no other changes are required to your previous quote, including motoring convictions and claims.
6. The Service provides an indication of a car insurance price only. No guarantee of price availability is offered when using the Service. To receive an accurate car insurance quotation, you must use the Confused.com website where the quote data will be checked and resubmitted.
7. The Service will be based on a vehicle look-up service utilised by Confused.com and a typical market value for the vehicle will be incorporated in the Service.
8. The Service will be based on the standard vehicle specification at manufacturer. The quote will not incorporate any modifications that may be present on the vehicle, nor search any vehicle history.
9. Confused.com will not ask for any personal information as part of the Service, but will use the personal information previously submitted as part of an online quote.
10. You are solely responsible for any decision you make as a result of using the Service.
11. The mobile telephone number you use to send your text message to Confused.com will be used by us and by the service provider who operates the technology that controls the communication aspects of the Service under contract with us. We will not use the mobile telephone number for any purpose other than to provide and charge you for the Service in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
12. Confused.com are responsible for sending text messages to you in accordance with these Terms and Conditions but we are not responsible for ensuring that you receive them, whether due to a lack of signal reception, fault in your mobile telephone, lack of credit or power in your mobile telephone or otherwise.
13. We may suspend the Service or terminate the contract between us for the provision of the Service if we have to deal with technical problems, or to make improvements to the Service. Your network provider may still apply standard text rates.
14. Confused.com reserve the right to withhold the Service from a mobile telephone number in the event that we consider the Service is being used to cause annoyance, inconvenience or distress to any person.
15. In the event of any queries or complaints, please contact email@example.com.
16. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions confers on any third party any benefit or any right to enforce any of the provisions of these Terms and Conditions.