Callcredit Limited (“we/us”) is a UK consumer credit reference agency. A credit reference agency collects and stores details about you and your personal credit history.
Lenders, including banks, building societies and other financial service providers, share credit information about their customers with us. The information we receive is used to create your credit report.
When you select ‘Next’, you are instructing us to provide your credit report to HD Decisions Ltd (“HD”). HD has been appointed as a processing agent for Confused.com and a number of credit card providers. HD will (on behalf of such credit providers) analyse key elements of your credit file, in order to determine your current financial standing. The analysis of your credit file will be used by HD to identify and rank credit card offers in order of appropriateness for your circumstances (but this does not necessarily guarantee that there will be appropriate credit card offers available to you). This ranked list of offers will then be displayed on the next page. You will then have the opportunity to apply for a credit card directly with the credit card company should you choose to do so.
Please note your credit file will not be provided to you directly, nor will any information be passed to any credit card provider at any point during this process (unless you subsequently agree to this). The information will be used by HD, at your request, on your behalf, to find the most appropriate credit card offers for you.
This process will not have any adverse impact upon your credit standing.
By selecting ‘Next’, you are not committing to make an application for a credit card. If you choose to proceed to apply for a credit card from the ranked list of offers, then the credit card company will proceed to carry out their own identification and credit application checks.
Please note that the provision of your credit report to ‘HD’ is subject to the Callcredit Terms and Conditions shown below.
You agree that the personal details you supply to us will be used for the purposes of:
a)verifying your identity in order to ensure that we are providing your credit report in accordance with your instructions;
b)providing services to our clients in which your personal details are used to assist with identity verification, prevention of fraud/money laundering, service delivery and process implementation;
HD Decisions Ltd are a trusted partner of Confused.com who provide financial analytical insight tools to a number of financial institutions in the UK Marketplace.
If you choose to accept our Terms and Conditions and click the 'apply' button, out of courtesy we will send you a follow up email to remind you of your results.
Terms and Conditions
1. These Terms and Conditions apply to the individual ("you/your") who instructs Callcredit Limited ("we/us/our") to provide their credit report ("Credit Report Services") to HD Decisions Limited ("HD") via the website at www.confused.com ("Website").
2. Your credit report will not be provided to you directly. However it will be used by HD to identify and rank credit card offers which are most appropriate for your circumstances ("HD Services").
3. You may only request your own credit report. It is unlawful to order credit information about anyone else.
4. Notwithstanding any provision to the contrary, nothing in these Terms and Conditions excludes or limits our liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence, fraudulent misrepresentation, or any other liability which may not otherwise be limited or excluded under applicable law. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions affects any statutory rights you may have as a consumer.
5. We make no representation or warranty of any kind express or implied statutory or otherwise regarding the availability of the Credit Report Services or the HD Services or that they will be timely or error-free or that defects will be corrected, or that the computer systems that make them available are free of viruses or bugs.
6. We will not be responsible or liable to you for any loss of content or material uploaded or transmitted through the website at www.confused.com ("Website") and we accept no liability of any kind for any loss or damage from action taken or taken in reliance on the Credit Report Services, the HD Services, or any other material or information contained on the Website. Except as otherwise stated in these Terms and Conditions we will not be liable whether for breach of contract, negligence or otherwise for any direct or indirect economic losses you may make (these include without limitation any loss of revenue or loss of income); or any indirect, special or consequential losses arising out of or in connection with the Credit Report Services or the HD Services whether these losses were foreseeable or not at the time you requested the Credit Report Services, or the HD Services.
7. We will use reasonable endeavours to ensure that the information provided in your credit report is accurate, however, we rely on information from various different sources to put together your credit report. We accept no liability for any losses you may incur due to the details of your credit report being inaccurate or not up to date; or for any other losses you suffer in connection with the provision of the HD Services.
8. Except as expressly stated in these Terms and Conditions we give no conditions, undertakings or warranties (whether express or implied) in relation to the Credit Report Services, and the HD Services.
9. The Credit Report Services shall be governed by the laws of England and any dispute between us will be resolved exclusively in the courts of England.
10. We shall be under no liability for any delay or failure to deliver the Credit Report Services or otherwise perform any obligation as specified in these Terms and Conditions if the same is wholly or partly caused whether directly or indirectly by circumstances beyond our reasonable control.
11. Our total liability to you (whether in contract, tort or otherwise) for any loss or damage arising out of your use of the Credit Report Services will be limited to £100.
12. If any portion of these Terms and Conditions is held by any competent authority to be invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part, the validity or enforceability of the other sections of these Terms and Conditions shall not be affected.
13. These Terms and Conditions do not create or confer any rights or benefits enforceable by any person that is not a party (within the meaning of the UK Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999) but this does not affect any rights or remedies of a third party which exist or are available apart from that Act.
Back to top
14. These Terms and Conditions (together with information on the Website referring to the Credit Report Services) supersede all prior representations understandings and agreements between you and us relating to the Credit Report Services ("Services") and sets forth the entire agreement and understanding between you and us in connection with such Services.