We promised ourselves next month will be different, but somehow we manage to fall victim to the same emotional roller coaster.
It usually looks something like this…
1. Waiting for payday be like.
How many more minutes? *refreshes banking app*
2. Then it finally arrives, you’ve made it!
You feel a sense of achievement for making it this far.
3. Time to check how rich you are.
"OMG, i'm a millionaire!"
4. You buy all the nice things.
Because any purchase can be justified on payday.
5. Eating out on a Monday just because you can.
I'll have the lobster please.
6. Midweek drinks are also acceptable.
Wednesday cocktail anyone? My treat.
7. Reality kicks in.
Yeah, you've done it again, time to budget.
8. Time to pay the bills.
You suddenly realise how much money you have left.
9. Food rations.
Instant noodles and soup for the rest of the month.
Well that was fun while it lasted, roll on next month!