What were the nation Confused.com about in June? We asked 2,000 Brits what boggled their brains, and compiled our Compendium of Confusion from their answers. Here’s what we found.
We’ve been looking into what British people find baffling on a month-by-month basis. And this is what caused the most confusion in June:
The top five confusions
1. Luis Suarez’s over-zealous gnashers confused the nation mostly in June, with 32% of those quizzed finding the biting baffling. Why does this keep happening?
2. People were also confused by the picture Paddy Power released which suggested they’d cut down some of the Amazon rainforest for a stunt (28%).
3. If Scotland becomes independent, will the UK be renamed? And if so, what to? This was also confusing for 28% of those polled.
4. A quarter of Brits were befuddled by the backlog at the Passport Office.
5. Equally, 25% wondered why – given they have one of the world’s best football leagues – the England World Cup team were going home at the close of the group stage.
What else did Brits find confusing?
Google Glass was perplexing for 24% of the nation.
Oh my goodness! Facebook’s gone down! Some 21% of Brits found this confusing.
And 20% of Brits were sent into a spin over whether Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin are ‘consciously re-coupling’. That means getting back together, right?
Want to keep abreast of what’s boggling the nation’s collective brain? The Compendium of Confusion is updated each month. Stay tuned for what Brits were Confused.com about in July. Or find out what made people Confused.com in May 2014.
What do you think?
Did you find any of these issues confusing? Or is there something that baffled you far more last month?
Whatever you think, we’d love to hear from you. Feel free to leave your comment below.