Weekly car insurance - What should I know?
With weekly insurance, you can enjoy all the benefits of a temporary insurance policy:
- Insurance from 1 to 4 weeks (policies can range from 1 to 28 days)
- Arrange insurance up to 30 days ahead
- Protect existing no claims bonus
- Instant comprehensive cover
- Basic cover for driving in Europe
- Optional cover for alloy wheels, scratches, dents and misfuelling
- Avoid lengthy contracts
There are lots of different reasons why you might be on the lookout for a weekly car insurance policy...
- Moving home and need to borrow a car or van for a week
- Use of a car whilst yours is being repaired
- Borrowing a car for a week long holiday
- Working away from home for a week
- Looking after a friend or relatives car
- Heading off on a car rally in your classic car
Whatever your reason, as long as you have the vehicle owner's permission, weekly insurance can provide a handy alternative to lengthy 12 month policies and provide you with cover as and when you need it.
If you're interested in how a longer third party only, third party or comprehensive policy stacks up against a weekly policy, why not visit our main car insurance page and start there.
If you'd like more information on short term insurance, take a look at the links below or head over to our guide to temporary car insurance.
To go ahead and get a quote, you'll need to make sure you've got some important bits of information at hand:
- Details about you (your licence, address etc.)
- The date and time you'd like cover to begin
- Details of the car or van you'd like to insure
Once you're ready, you can go ahead and click the 'Get a quote' button below or at the top of the page to begin
Get a quote